Sunday, February 4, 2007

Thank God for the...Bruins?

Yesterday afternoon's game didn't go too well. We lost 7-0 and played one of our worst games of the season. It was an extremely frustrating game. While some of our forwards have played really well, in general they've been weak. Yesterday the wings couldn't handle a breakout pass to save their lives. It's not like these were horrible, Oilers-de "passes" where we rim it around the boards and hope for the best. Of course occasionally we were forced to do that, because Lexington is a good forechecking team, but for the most part the passes were tape to tape (then off the tape and onto the tape of the Lexington de that was pinching down).

As far as my wrecking of that girl goes- yes, I hit her, and yes, I got a penalty for it. She actually got a cross-checking penalty for whatever small retaliation she mustered up. I didn't hit her hard enough, though. I wanted this girl to have to be carried off the ice, half-conscious. Instead what did I do? I got in one weak little hit, no more. With 32 seconds left in the game, their second dirtiest player (#32, actually) went hard into the boards with the same freshman that had been hurt the last time we played them, Lauren. She was worse off this time, I think. I was on the ice and I would have started something with the girl except that she was on her knees and getting up slowly. Instead of hitting her (a cheapshot from where she was), I just screamed at her, "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" to which she replied, "I fell." Sure kid, whatever you say. She was just lucky that she got to sit in the penalty box for the last 32 seconds, because Lauren's older sister Meg was hitting everything that moved. Meg, along with everyone else on the team, kept asking around to see what the girl's number was. I promptly informed them. I've been scuffling with this girl, too, since the end of last year.

When the game ended, #11 came charging off their bench, bumped shoulders with me, and yelled, "Game's over!" or something along those lines. I screamed back, at the top of my lungs, "What the fuck did you just say to me?!" I think I scared people on my team, as one person had to hold me back and our coach actually made a comment about it in the locker room, amusedly saying that he'd never seen me like that before. I was too frustrated. A freshman on our team used to live in Lexington and told me that the girl was a bitch and she knew where she lived. I appreciated the offer of egging her house, but didn't want to get arrested.

I got home and saw that the Oilers beat the Avs. I would have liked an overtime win so both teams could benefit. Since my game and this game overlapped, I didn't see any of their game and have nothing to write. Oh, one thing- did Mark Rycroft and Ladislav Smid actually get into a fight, or did they just write that on the scoresheet to see if anyone would notice?

I went out with my friends for a couple of hours once I was showered. After listening to them rant for 45 minutes about the hot boy they liked and the amazing weed they smoked, I said, "I kind of flipped out in my game today." My cousin Molly asked why. I started, "Well we lost like 6-0." That was all I got out before she turned to my other friend to rave about their weed again. Honestly- I listen to them for that long, and they can't listen to me for 30 seconds? I spent the rest of the night looking up pictures of hockey players on my new phone.

When I got home, the Bruins were down 2-1 to Carolina in the 2nd period. It seemed to be a pretty good game, with the B's coming out stronger in the 2nd to pull within a goal. Then Marc Savard, who has to be fed up with being the only consistently good thing on an underachieving team, made a beautiful, heads-up pass to Brad Boyes, coming out of the penalty box, who then himself had an amazing shot to tie it up. And while the Bruins did blow the lead they got in the 3rd, they ended up getting the two points. That game wasn't anything like the Bruins. Hopefully they'll keep up this strange new thing called "mental toughness". Honestly, though, did anyone think they were going to suck this much? Boston is diseased. I think we caught it from New York.
Today's games: none
Tomorrow's games: none (ouch)
Tuesday's games: 7:00 PM--Bruins vs. Capitals
9:00 PM--Avs vs. Panthers
9:00 PM--Oilers vs. Canucks

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites