Thursday, February 8, 2007

Call the Police- Game11 Is Trying to Kill Me

Andrew Alberts: The Face of Boston
I just got home from a very depressing Bruins game with Liz and Paula, who were drunk. I was thirsty at one point and asked for a sip of their soda, which of course ended up being an extremely unpleasant mistake. We again moved down to closer seats, and again were surrounded by sketchy people. There was a large group of what appeared to be coworkers in front of us, who are probably going to have a very awkward morning tomorrow. There was a younger kid two rows back from me who wanted to heckle Cam Ward, but didn't know whether or not he was Canadian and was discussing it with some guys across the aisle. I turned around and told them that he was, and that he was from Calgary. After looking him up, I see that he's not. Apparently he was born in Saskatchewan and grew up in Sherwood Park (which is closer to Edmonton). Am I crazy, or did he used to be from Calgary? Is someone lying to me about either his hometown or the location of this "Sherwood Park" he speaks of? Anyway, they heckled him and all, but I got the unwanted attention of the drunk guy behind us. Eventually Liz yelled at him, "Leave her alone! She's only 17! She's 17! She's not even legal to hit on!" He told her that he was only 23 and Paula asked him what year he was born. He stuttered and couldn't tell her. Then the Hurricanes scored 3 goals. All in all, the game left me with a weird feeling.

Now the Avs are losing 5-1 to Atlanta, and I'm not watching it because it's on fucking Game11 again. According to the official CenterIce website, the Colorado game isn't scheduled to broadcast. According to the Comcast website, Game11 doesn't exist. But according to the on-TV schedule, the Colorado game is on Game11. I don't know what's going on but I'm starting to think violent thoughts and I've developed a bad twitch. If for whatever reason I encounter this "channel" again, instead of one of my games, I'm going to drive to the CenterIce headquarters and burn it to the ground.

We won our game against Belmont despite poor officiating. All the refs in our league are awful because no one really cares. Saturday we play Wakefield. A week from that we play our last regular season game against Woburn. We need to get one point in the last two games, which is pretty possible, but will be easier against Wakefield. Let's hope we can pull it off and delay the end of my hockey for a little longer.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites