Thursday, July 5, 2007

Last Post

It's starting to become pretty clear to me that this is done. The main reason is that, for a while, I had nothing to do with hockey. I figured that once next season started, I'd come back to this. But when the free agent signings (Smytty as an Av is freaking me out) brought me back even sooner and I still couldn't find a way to write, I knew it was done. With college (UBC) a month and a half away, this is just another of many things ending right now, but I'll still miss writing here. It was a fun outlet for my obsession with hockey that helped me understand and appreciate it even more. Thank you to everyone who supported and read me for my extremely short run. It's nice to know that there are people even crazier about the game than me. Until I stop watching hockey for good (which, despite everything, won't happen any time soon) I'll be reading your blogs.
-Katie O'D
Last note: When I tell people that I'm going to school in Vancouver, they make some comment about the inevitability of becoming a Canucks fan. I want to say that doing so is, to me, roughly on the same level as hooking up with the creepiest guy at a party out of desperation, excusing his subsequent stalking as sweet and doting, marrying him after six months, and eventually becoming an alcoholic to block out the fact that he's spending all my money on some coked-out 19-year-old girl he's having an affair with. But I don't think they mean to insult me, so I just tell them that it's unlikely.
Go Bruins, Avs, and Oilers!

8 comments:

FAUX RUMORS said...

1) Good luck in all your endevours!

Katie O'D said...

Thank you! I couldn't be more eager to get out there.

Black Dog said...

Good luck and hopefully we'll see you "around".

You're going to love Vancouver - beautiful part of the world.

Enjoy your university days. Good times.

Anonymous said...

ah, shit! You know I love you, baby.



You got a twenny, toots?

Anonymous said...

I'm sure we'll see you around the other Oiler sites Katie. Enjoy Vancouver - it's an awesome city.

jimbuff said...

Best wishes from The Ghosts Of The Garden. Enjoy it here in Canada but remember to stay a true Bruins fan.

Draft Dodger said...

watch out for your cornhole, bud.

seriously, have fun and take care.

TreeBob said...

Well it is too bad you can't continue to write on the blog anymore. Good luck in Vancouver (too bad you didn't choose some place cool like Ottawa) and have fun at university.

Make sure you call all your American friends while you're getting legally smashed at the bar! This is of course assuming you are or will be 19 then. Another reason you should have gone to school in Ottawa, border runs to Quebec!

Hey if you come back online to blog again make sure you let me know and I will re-add your log to my site.

Add to Technorati Favorites